Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Testifying for Senate Bill 819 at the Capitol tomorrow (watch it

Tomorrow (Wednesday), mom and I will be testifying in support of Senate Bill 819, which, if it eventually gets passed, would require college freshmen to be immunized if they live in on-campus dorms. We're very happy that Senator Wendy Davis (Fort Worth) is sponsoring such an important piece of legislation. I don't think I need to tell you about how our lives would be different if this bill existed a few years ago.

Want to watch us on TV? You can. Here's the link - http://www.senate.state.tx.us/ - There should be a link to a Live Video Broadcast on the page - Look for "Senate Audio Video Live Web" Should be pretty easy... (you may have to download a Real Video Player like I did, but I hope you don't have to... you'll probably be alright).

It'll be tomorrow morning, but we don't know exactly when. At 7am tomorrow, the Higher Education Committee will schedule Wednesday's hearings. Its a bit complicated, but we think we'll be going earlier (maybe closer to 8) as opposed to later. So, if you really want to hear mom and I testify on behalf of Jamie, then go ahead and tune in. We're pretty sure you'll be able to find the video later, so don't spend your morning waiting to see us... or do...

2 comments:

Michelle Palmer said...

Way to rock it up there today guys. Ya'll did awesome. I really think we have a good chance on passing this. I'm so happy I got to be there today to hear ya'll testify. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Here is the link to the news story: http://www.keyetv.com/content/news/topnews/story/Mother-of-UT-student-pushes-for-required/2Z-z1jlq3U6JvHKSAeuxHQ.cspx

Anonymous A